Monday, July 9, 2012

ITP: I complain about PSO2 client orders

The optional client orders don't bother me too much, since you know, they're optional. I don't mind kill x amount of monsters or collect x amount of yellow boxes that waste inventory space. Although I am still not too fond of the collecting orders (more on this later). The ones that annoy me are the ones to unlock content aka Koffee's client orders.

Lets start with the orders that unlock free orders. I know this could very well be just me but I've never been a fan of this whole time attack thing. I enjoy taking my time playing rather than rush through to make the time limited. Then to top it off beside having to finish a mission or two with a time limit you need to collect two random items which also in a way is not really that fun. Almost forgot about it but the order to unlock hard mode is a bit silly as well, with having to defeat bosses on the different planets 5 times. If I meet the level requirement to play the levels I should be able to play them without having to run around to complete this time waster.

Next are those collect items unlock stuff orders like the one to get a Mag, expand weapon palette and sub palette, and to increase the level cap. Holy crap these are the worst and I haven't even gotten to the worst of the worst yet. These fetch the useless items quest just flat out suck when used to unlock new features.

The order to unlock the Mag took a while but at least common enemies dropped the items needed. While the order for the weapon palette expansion is annoying since the item only drops from that stretch snake boss. I haven't played the game much but so far I beat that thing at least 10 times since accepting the order and only found 2 of the 3 items needed. I haven't even gotten to the order for the sub-palette yet and I'm not looking forward to it.

The most ridiculous one is the order to increase the level cap from level 30 to 40. While I haven't reached level 30 yet I assume (please correct me if I'm wrong) this order becomes available once you hit level 30. Sound like a terrible idea, lets hit level cap, require collect of absurd amount of worthless items so you get no EXP during the whole thing. And seriously 90 items per planet, that's a bit much, yes? This doesn't really sound fun to me and I can only imagine that each new level cap order will be worse than the last.

Bonus complaint:
While this has nothing to do with the client orders I must say I really hate "Code: Collect." It seems like it exists only to annoy, requires too much backtracking, and feels worthless compared to the other Code events. That is all.

No comments: